Our YVC Summer Program is set up like a summer day camp! Youth Ages 11-18 will be divided into two groups and from 9:30am-3:30pm they will go out and volunteer in the community. During these week-long sessions we develop team work, friendships, and help our community (and of course HAVE FUN! ). We serve at a variety of local businesses in our community from Humane Societies to Community Gardens and everything in between, no project is too big or too small for YVC!
We have worked diligently to create protocols that fit governor's orders, maintain physical distancing, and keep YVC volunteers, staff and partner organizations safe. We are working hard to keep you informed with the most up to date information and will notify you of any major changes. Sign-up for the summer and we will see you then!
Here are some of the precautions YVC is taking this summer to ensure participant safety.
- YVC will be limited to groups of ten (not including staff).
- Masking during transportation
- Sanitation of vans daily
- Masks and Gloves will be provided to participants when needed.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available at all times.
- Hand washing will be encouraged when changing locations.
- Participants and staff will remain in stable groups throughout the week, ride in the same vans for transportation and sit together for morning instructions and afternoon reflection activities.
- Each YVC team will have two leaders to help enforce COVID precautions like masking, distancing, and sanitation.